Official HIGE DANdism’s “I LOVE…” returns to No. 1 on this week’s Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated March 9 to 15, scoring its third week at the top spot by dominating four metrics of the chart’s measurement: streaming, downloads, video views, and look-ups.
Figure-wise, the pop-rock band’s mid-tempo love song reached 8,859,135 streams this week from last week’s 7,940,200, breaking its own personal record set by “Pretender,” which is at No. 2 this week. Downloads also increased to 40,620 units from last week’s 38,525, and video views sailed past the 10 million mark at 10,220,539 views from last week’s 8,584,300, again, breaking its own previous record.
“I LOVE…” also comes in at No. 8 for karaoke, No. 11 for physical sales, No. 12 for radio airplay, and No. 55 for Twitter mentions.
Looking at the numbers for the 10 weeks “I LOVE…” has been charting on the Japan Hot 100, the song has been performing better than “Pretender” (48 weeks on the tally) in all metrics. In order to overtake the latter – which has coasted along in the top 5 for 43 of those 48 weeks, seven at No. 1 — in the 2020 mid-year and year-end charts, the former needs to maintain its current level of performance, but right now it certainly looks like it could manage to do so.
The breakout four-man piano band currently has eight songs still charting on the Japan Hot 100, with four in the top 10. All of these songs climbed the tally this week and show no signs of slowing down for awhile.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated March 9 to 15)
1.  I LOVE… / Official HIGE DANdism (5,357 copies / 40,620 downloads / 8,859,135 streams)
2.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 14,566 downloads / 6,092,044 streams)
3.  Gurenge / LiSA (2,667 copies / 20,395 downloads / 4,830,359 streams)
4.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 10,904 downloads / 5,730,542 streams)
5.  Brava!! Brava!! Brava!! / Jae Joong (51,403 copies / 3,198 downloads / none)
6.  INFINITY / JO1 (27,037 copies / none / none)
7.  Shukumei / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 5,532 downloads / 3,837,670 streams)
8.  Yesterday / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 3,915 downloads / 3,728,437 streams)
9.  Machigaisagashi / Masaki Suda (none / 5,560 downloads / 2,747,868 streams)
10.  bad guy / Billie Eilish (none / 4,359 downloads / 2,569,815 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)